TEAL, Perth Amboy, NJ – 1948
Captains Freddie and Eve Moore's original "TEAL" from Perth Amboy, New Jersey circa 1948. Built in 1928 at New Haven, CT, for George Bradley, the "TEAL" first sailed from Long Island, NY. In 1941, Charles Moore (Freddie and Eve Moore's father) purchased the "TEAL" and relocated her to Perth Amboy, NJ. The Moore family later relocated their business to Great Kills Harbor at Staten Island, NY, where the "TEAL" continued to sail. She became the first of a long list of "TEAL" named vessels owned by the Moore family during the next sixty plus years. Photo courtesy of Ken Ekberg.