HELEN H, Brooklyn, NY – 1947
This Sheepshead Bay vessel was the second party boat to be named "HELEN H" and owned by Captain Axel 'Alex' Hansen. She was built in 1944 by the Scott McBurney Boat yard at Brooklyn, NY and originally sailed as Captain Phillip Wright's "FIDUS". An interesting note is that in February of 1947, Captains Hansen and Phillip Wright worked out a deal to exchange vessels. As a result, the original "HELEN H" became the "FIDUS" and the "FIDUS" became the new "HELEN H". She would go on to sail as the "HELEN H" until a larger vessel replaced her in 1964 and she was sold and renamed as the "SEVEN SEAS".