BONITO, Atlantic City, NJ – 1948
Captain Lloyd Reeves' "BONITO" was built in 1931 at Forked River, New Jersey and she was the first boat to ferry tourists from Beach Haven, New Jersey to Starn's Pier at Atlantic City. Once the crowds became too large for this small vessel to carry, she joined the party boat fleet. Taken out of service in 1952, she was later scuttled off the coast of Atlantic City, and became what is known as the 'Lost Wreck'. Photo courtesy of Don Nyce.