TRAVELER, New York, NY – 1946
Before joining the Circle Line Fleet as a sightseeing vessel, the "TRAVELER" was the party fishing boat "NORTH STAR". She was built in 1909 for New York City banker George F. Baker by the Pusey & Jones Shipyard as the luxury yacht "VIKING". Upon the death of Mr. Baker in 1937, she was sold to US Steel Company CEO Myron C. Taylor who renamed her the "FALCON". Later, she was sold again, and began sailing as the "NORTH STAR" on daily deep sea fishing trips from the Battery at Manhattan's southernmost tip. She was appropriated by the US government during World War II and served as a coastal patrol craft. At the conclusion of the war, she was purchased by the Circle Line Fleet and began sightseeing trips around New York Harbor. She last sailed as the sightseeing vessel "HARBOR QUEEN" also in New York City.