GIRALDA, Brooklyn, NY – 1940
Captain Dave Martin's coal–fired steam powered party boat "GIRALDA" returns to her pier at Sheepshead Bay on June 3, 1940. The "GIRALDA" originally was a luxury yacht that Captain Martin purchased in 1914 and converted into a party fishing boat. She was built by James A. Baylis & Sons, of Port Jefferson, NY and was launched in July 1896. Captain Dave Martin became the pioneer of offshore wreck fishing aboard the "GIRALDA" during the 1920s and 1930s.