GLORY, Brooklyn, NY – 1939
The "GLORY" skippered by Captain Jacob 'Chubby' Martin Jr. circa 1939. She was built in 1896 at Weymouth, MA as the steam yacht "INDOLENT". She began her fishing career in 1914 when she was purchased by Captain Harold 'Harry' Hansen and sailed from Brooklyn's west side. She was relocated to Sheepshead Bay in 1915.
In 1922, Captain Hansen sold the "INDOLENT" to his son-in-law, Jacob 'Jake' Martin Sr., who renamed her as the "GLORY". In 1932, Captain Martin went on to own and operate the larger steam yacht "SACHEM" and passed the helm of the "GLORY" to his son, Captain Jacob 'Chubby' Martin Jr.