DIANA, Brielle, NJ – 1939
The "DIANA" sailed from Brielle, NJ and was owned and operated by Captain Bob Zeigler. Captain Zeigler built The "DIANA" in 1931 at New Brunswick, NJ and she was constructed with full-length hull planking that ran from the stem to the stern in one piece. The US Navy requisitioned her during World War II (starting July 1943) and used her as a coastal patrol boat (the "YP-323"). The US Navy returned her to Captain Zeigler at the conclusion of the war and he continued to sail the "DIANA" from Brielle until 1974. She was then sold and relocated to Captree, NY where she became the charter boat "ODIN". She was later converted to a privately owned yacht and sailed on Long Island Sound until she was dismantled in 2002. Photo courtesy of Captain Jack Bogan.