NAUTILUS II, Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn – 1935
This 1935 advertising card shows Captain Tom De Fina's "NAUTILUS II" from Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn, NY. She was built in 1929 at Gerritsen Beach, Brooklyn, NY and sailed under the command of Captain Joe Stefano until he died in 1933 when his son Frank took over the helm. Later, she was sold to Captain Tom De Fina who continued to sail her from Sheepshead Bay. In 1969, she was sold to Captain Franklin Hammer who renamed her as the "WHITBY". As it turned out, she was the last vessel to sail from Sheepshead Bay under the "WHITBY" name.