FIDUS II, Brooklyn, NY – 1934
Captain Steve Wischerth's "FIDUS II" from Canarsie, Brooklyn, NY was another converted luxury steam yacht to join the party boat fleet during the Great Depression. This 140 foot steel-hulled yacht was built in 1906 as the "ALONDRA". She was owned by millionaire radio manufacturer A. Atwater Kent before Captain Wischerth purchased her in the spring of 1932. The boat underwent her conversion to a party fishing boat at Petersen's Boatyard at Gravesend Bay, Brooklyn, NY, where her wine cellar, safe, grand piano, and chandeliers were removed to prepare her for her new fishing duties. Postcard courtesy of Captain Tony 'Mo' Barbato.