ANGLER, Brooklyn, NY – 1934
The "ANGLER" was originally built in 1898 at the Crescent Shipyard, Elizabeth, NJ, as the luxury steam yacht "ELREBA". She began sailing as a party boat in 1926 when she was purchased by Captain H. J. Wheeler. He renamed her the "ANGLER" and she sailed daily from the Battery in Manhattan, NY. In 1928 Captain Wheeler sold her to Captain Fred Plage and she relocated to Sheepshead Bay (as depicted in this 1934 advertising postcard.) Postcard courtesy of Captain Tony 'Mo' Barbato.