AU REVOIR, Brooklyn, NY – 1929
Captain Bill Stephens' "AU REVOIR" from Pier 6, Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn, NY circa 1929. Built in 1893 at Wilmington, DE as a luxury steam yacht, the "AU REVOIR" was purchased by Commodore Charles A. Gould who renamed her as the "NEAIRA". Captain Bill Stephens purchased her from Mr. Gould in 1927 and converted her for party boat fishing, and he returned her to her original name, "AU REVOIR". At 145 feet in length, she was the largest vessel to sail from Sheepshead Bay.