VELOCITY, Brooklyn, NY – 1928
Built 1895 at New York, NY as the yacht "RAMBLER"; she was later named the "ANNETTE" before becoming the "VELOCITY" in 1907. She first operated as a party boat in 1912 sailing from Messenger's Pier at Canarsie, Brooklyn under the command of Captain Samuel Leonard. In 1914, Captain Bill Stephens purchased the "VELOCITY" and continued to sail her from Messenger's Pier until relocating to the vessel to Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn in 1919.
In May 1927, Captain Stephens purchased the luxury yacht "AU REVIOR" as his new vessel and Captain Frank Baumann purchased the "VELOCITY" and continued to operate her from Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn, NY.