FLYING CLOUD II, Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn, NY – 1930
Mike's Maritime Memorabilia - Holiday Edition 2010-11-25The "FLYING CLOUD II" operated by Captain Henry Gunther Jr. sailing from Sheepshead Bay with a nice load of anglers circa 1930. She was built in 1901 at Patchogue, New York as the "MILDRED". In 1960, Captain Bill McNamara purchased the boat and moved her to the Canarsie section of Brooklyn, NY. She was sold in 1963 to Captain Fred Bird who relocated her to Montauk, NY. In 1977, Captain Bird replaced the boat with a larger vessel and her present fate is unknown.