ZEPHYR, Brooklyn, NY – 1984
Captain 'Butch' Rafi's "ZEPHYR" circa 1984. She sailed from Pier 1, Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn, NY. She was built in 1958 by Gillikin Brothers Boat works, Harkers Island, NC as the "BLUE SEA II" from Riviera Beach, FL. She later became Captain Nick Cannisi’s "BLUE SEA II" (same name, different owner.) Captain Cannisi then remodeled her and removed many of her Gillikin features. Captain 'Butch' purchased the "BLUE SEA II" in 1976 and renamed her the "ZEPHYR". When he replaced her with the new "ZEPHYR V" in 1988, her new owners moved the boat to Minneapolis, MN and remodeled her again. She then sailed as a dinner cruise boat (on the Mississippi River) until she was dismantled in 1996.