ATLANTIS, Point Pleasant, NJ – 1977
The "ATLANTIS" from Broadway Basin at Point Pleasant, NJ as she appeared in 1977. Built in 1955 by Stowman Shipyards at Dorchester, NJ as the "PARAMOUNT", she was powered by two GM 110 diesel engines and was the first party fishing boat in New Jersey equipped with radar. She was later renamed the "PARAMOUNT II" and then remodeled (her wheelhouse was relocated topside) and renamed the "MARINER". She was sold to Captain Fred Bird from Montauk, NY shortly after this photo was taken. Captain Fred remodeled her again and renamed her the "FLYING CLOUD". She still sails from Montauk today and specializes in Fluke fishing during the summer and Porgy fishing during the off-season. Photo courtesy of Captain Michael Rathgeber.