INDOLENT, Brooklyn, NY – 1915
The "INDOLENT" from Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn, NY circa 1915. In this photo, she is departing her pier at Sheepshead Bay and the famous Manhattan Beach Hotel is in the background. Built in 1896 at Weymouth, MA as a luxury yacht, she was converted to party boat fishing in 1914. During 1914, Captain Harry Hansen operated the 105-foot "INDOLENT" from the 23rd Street Pier at Brooklyn, NY and then relocated her to Sheepshead Bay in 1915. In 1922, Captain Hansen sold the "INDOLENT" to his son-in-law, Captain Jacob 'Jake' Martin, who renamed her as the "GLORY". In 1923, Captain Martin remodeled and widened her. Photo courtesy of Captain John Bogan Jr.