ALOMA, Freeport, NY –1976
Captain George Schmidt's "ALOMA" from Freeport, NY circa 1976. She was built in 1958 at St. Augustine, FL and first sailed as the "CAPT. OLE". In 1959, the "ALOMA" was sold to Captain John Sheehan and became his "MISS PECONIC II" and sailed from Greenport, NY. In 1967, she was relocated to Freeport, NY as the "VIKING SKIPPER". She was then sold in 1974 and became the "ALOMA" under the command of Captain John Grimley. She later relocated to Wildwood, NJ as Captain Charlie Selby's "RAINBOW" and then relocated to Miami FL, as the "SEA KING II". She was dismantled in1990. Photo courtesy of Paul Schmidt.