ZEPHYR II, Bayonne, NJ – 1965
The "ZEPHYR II" from Bayonne City Dock, Bayonne, NJ circa 1965. She was owned and operated by Captain Carl Rafi Jr. and Captain Herman Grothues. She was built in 1948 at Cambridge, MD as the "HERON". She later became the “JACE II”, Belmar, NJ and was renamed the "ZEPHYR II" in 1962. In 1974, the "ZEPHYR II" sank near 'Ambrose Tower' and Captain Grothues went down with the vessel. Photo courtesy of Captain 'Butch' Rafi.