ELMAR, Brooklyn, NY – 1963
The "ELMAR" from Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn, NY circa 1963. This neat picture shows her just starting to move to another fishing spot after picking up her anchor (notice a puff of smoke from the stack, the prop wash at the stern and the water and mud dripping from the anchor.) The "ELMAR" was a converted World War II sub chaser built in 1943 at Dorchester, MA as the "SC-1329". Originally owned by Captain Frank Rau, she was later sold to Captains Sal Dragonetti and Harold Wrege. She was sold again and relocated to Florida; she sank on the St John's River, FL in November 1979.