DOROTHY B. and ROCKET II, Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn, NY – 1963
Shown here at Sheepshead Bay's Pier 7 are Captain Frank Bradshaw's "DOROTHY B." and Captain Dave 'Laddie' Martin's "ROCKET II". The "DOROTHY B." was built in 1943 at New 1781 and first operated as a party boat in 1959 when she became Captain Fred Mullen's "BUDDY II" from Elizabeth, NJ. In 1962, she became the "DOROTHY B." and sailed from Sheepshead Bay until replaced by a newer vessel in 1971. The "ROCKET II" was built in 1942 at Atlantic City, NJ as the 104-foot US Navy Air-Sea Rescue Boat "P-106" and first sailed as the "SILVER STAR" before joining the Sheepshead Bay fleet in 1953. She was sold in 1967 to Captain Matthew Hughes and joined his Boston Harbor Cruise Fleet at Boston, MA where she continued to sail as a party fishing boat until moved to the Bahamas in 1974.