ROCKET II, Brooklyn, NY – 1964
Captain 'Laddie' Martin's "ROCKET II" from Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn, NY circa 1964. Built in 1942 as the 104-foot US Navy Air–Sea Rescue Boat "P-106", she was converted for party boat fishing after the end of World War II. She sailed as the "SILVER STAR" before becoming the "ROCKET II". Captain 'Laddie' was the son of Captain Dave Martin (the owner and operator of the "GIRALDA".) Photo courtesy of Captain Tony 'Mo' Barbato.