PARAMOUNT II, Brielle, NJ – 1959
The "PARAMOUNT II" from Brielle, NJ circa 1959. She was operated by Captain John Bogan III. Built in 1955 by Stowman Shipyards, Dorchester, NJ as the "PARAMOUNT", she was powered by two GM 110 diesel engines and was the first party boat in New Jersey equipped with radar. She was later renamed the "PARAMOUNT II" and then remodeled and renamed the "MARINER". Afterwards, she became the "ATLANTIS" and in 1977, she was sold to Captain Fred Bird, who remodeled her again and renamed her the "FLYING CLOUD" from Montauk, NY. She still sails from there today and specializes in Fluke fishing during the summer and Porgy fishing during the off-season.