CHIANTI, Brooklyn NY – 1959
Captain Hyman Vogel's "CHIANTI" from Sheepshead Bay circa 1959. The "CHIANTI" was one of several charter boats docked at Sheepshead Bay directly across the street from the famous Lundy Brothers seafood restaurant. She was built in 1949 at Brooklyn, NY and was originally owned by Captain John Ummarino. In 1970, the "CHIANTI" was sold to Captain 'Bobby' Ivone who continued to sail her from Sheepshead Bay. She was dropped from documentation and her fate is unknown.