MARGARET, Atlantic Beach, NY – 1955
The "MARGARET" was built in 1935 by Ernest Fiedler at the Bergen Beach Boatworks in Brooklyn, New York. She was owned and operated by Captain Christian Specht who sailed her from the Canarsie section of Brooklyn, NY before relocating her to Atlantic Beach, NY. Captain Christian's son Walter Specht Sr. later took over her helm. Captain Walter Sr. passed away in 1972 and she was sold in 1973 and became the "SEA LION". Her present fate is unknown. Photo courtesy of Christian Specht.