VIKING VII, Freeport, New York – 1954
Captain Carl Forseberg's "VIKING VII" is seen here on Woodcleft Canal, Freeport, New York in December of 1954. She was built 1946 at Deltaville, Virginia. At the time Carl Forsberg had relocated the Viking Fleet to Montauk, New York, but the "VIKING VII" remained in Freeport under the command of Captain Al Lindroth. It was aboard this vessel that the famous "Cow Country" cod fishing grounds were fished on a daily basis during the winter seasons. Captain Lindroth skippered the "VIKING VII" until 1963 when he purchased his first party boat, the "CAPTAIN AL".