ANNA M, Captree, NY – 1954
Captain George P. Mahr's original "ANNA M" from Captree, NY circa 1954. Built in 1942 at New Bedford, MA as the 38' World War II US Coast Guard picket boat CG-38640, Captains George Mahr Sr. and Jr. purchased the boat as surplus and rebuilt it for the party boat business. The father and son team did the conversion work using hand tools over a two-year period while both worked full time jobs. When Captree opened on June 12, 1954, the first three party boats to sail from there were the "TREBLA", skippered by Captain Al Rollman, the "CAPT. ERIC", operated by Eric Westerlind, and the "ANNA M". Photo Courtesy of George Mahr III.