CAPE COD, New York, NY – 1913
The "CAPE COD" was built in 1900 by the A.D. Story Shipyard at Essex, Massachusetts for the Cape Cod Steamboat Company, who operated her between Boston and Provincetown, MA. She was 151 feet in length with a beam of 82 feet and displaced 557 gross tons. Powered by a triple expansion steam engine that produced 1,000 Horsepower, she had a top speed of 13 knots. In 1911, she was sold to Bay Line Excursions of New York City and soon after, joined the New York Deep Sea Fishing Fleet.
In 1913, the steamer "CAPE COD" sailed at 7 AM from Tebo Yacht Basin, 23rd Street, Brooklyn, NY and picked up additional passengers at Manhattan's Battery Pier at 8:20 AM. At the time, she was billed as "Prince of Fishing Boats" and the "Fastest Steamer to the Fishing Banks". In 1913, the fare aboard the "CAPE COD" was $1 for gents, 50 cents for ladies and 25 cents for children. All fares were $1 on Sundays and Holidays.