J.S. WARDEN, New York, NY – 1895
The "J.S. WARDEN" was another triple-decker sidewheeler steamboat that made regular trips from Manhattan to the local fishing banks. She was 172 feet in length and was built in 1863 at Jersey City, NJ as the "ELIZA HANCOX". Captain Henry Beebe, who was another pioneer party boat pilot, operated her as the "J.S. WARDEN". Like Captain Albert Foster, he too located and named several local fishing areas including the "Klondike Banks".