Belmar Fishing Club, Belmar, NJ – 1947
The Belmar Fishing Club was first organized on September 1, 1909 with forty-nine charter members. Annual dues were set at only $1. Soon after, arrangements were made with the Ocean Pier Company to construct a clubroom and for the use of a pier. In order to provide a meeting place, the Ocean Pier Company built the original clubroom at the foot of the pier. In 1929, the Club built a new and larger clubhouse to meet the demands of its growing membership.
Although the pier has been the victim of many ocean storms over the years and had to be rebuilt and repaired on numerous occasions, the clubhouse at 100 Ocean Ave. remains intact and has changed very little.