Mount Loretto Orphanage, Staten Island, NY – 1987
Founded by the Rev. John Drumgoole in 1888, the St. Elizabeth's Building at Mount Loretto served as an orphanage for the Archdiocese of New York. Located on the southern shore of Staten Island, NY near Princes Bay, this building was a popular landmark to anglers who fished the western end of Raritan Bay. A fire on March 5, 2000 destroyed the orphanage.