Sandy Hook No. 48 lightship – 1891
The "Sandy Hook Lightship No. 48". Built in 1891 at a cost of $57,400, she replaced the No. 16 lightship at the Sandy Hook Station on August 1, 1891. Her fog signal was a 1000 lb. hand–operated bell. She remained at Sandy Hook until replaced in 1894 by the No. 51 lightship. She was then reassigned to the Cornfield Point, CT station and remained there until her retirement in 1925.