Bayside Beacon, Keansburg, NJ – 1919
The Bayside Beacon was located at Point Comfort, Keansburg, New Jersey along the shore of the Raritan Bay. The lighthouse, also known as the Point Comfort Light or Waackaack Front Range Light, was built in 1856 and is a square tower on a wooden dwelling with a focal plane height of 45 feet. It served as a front range light between the Waackaack Light about ¾ mile inland and the Old Orchard Shoal lighthouse on Raritan Bay. A 45-foot cast-iron cylindrical tower with skeletal framework support later replaced it and in 1941, it was moved to Leonardo, NJ to become the front light of the Chapel Hill Channel range (now known as Conover Beacon).