Sandy Hook No. 16 lightship – 1890
The "Sandy Hook Lightship No. 16" standing watch at "Gedney Channel" circa 1890. "Gedney Channel" was the precursor to "Ambrose Channel" and was the main entranceway to the Port of New York. The Coast Guard has long since stopped maintaining "Gedney Channel", but its remains are still there and are fished by those who know its whereabouts. Good Fluke fishing turf.