GRENADIER, Brooklyn, NY – 1986
The "GRENADIER" is seen here at Mill Basin, Brooklyn, NY in 1986. She was built in 1943 by Higgins Industries at New Orleans, LA as the US Navy Patrol Torpedo boat "PT-451". After World War II ended the "PT-451" was sold as surplus and became the commercial fishing boat "MARY K". She was later converted to a party fishing boat by Captain Harry Tonks on the banks of the Raritan River at Keasbey, NJ. She later became the "SEA PIGEON III" from Sheepshead Bay and then sailed as the "SEA FOX" from Atlantic Highlands, NJ. She later sailed from Belmar, NJ as the "MARIE-S TOO" and lastly from Brooklyn, NY as the "GRENADIER". Her final fate is unknown.