ANGLER, Brooklyn, NY – 1933
Captain Frederick Plage's "ANGLER" is seen here steaming back into Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn, NY in July of 1933. Built as the "ELREBA" in 1898 by the Crescent Shipyard at Elizabeth, NJ for Pittsburg businessman Henry Darlington, she was a 125-foot steel hulled steam yacht. Powered by "two water-tube boilers and engines of the four-cylinder expansion type", she could cruise at 12 knots. The "ELREBA" was later sold to Captain Plage who renamed her as the "ANGLER" and converted her for party boat fishing. She originally sailed from the Battery in Manhattan before relocating to Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn.