FLYING D, Brooklyn, NY – 1925
Captain Tom Palowski's "FLYING D" is seen here underway in 1925. She was built 1898 at Long Island City, NY as a sailing sloop. She was sold in 1930 to Captains John and Frank Knuth who sailed her under the same name. In 1939, she became Captain George Stapleton's and Captain John Maculuso's "AMERICA" from Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn, NY.