MAN O'WAR, Brielle, NJ – 1974
At the time of this photo, the "MAN O' WAR" was converted from party fishing to a sightseeing boat. Built in 1943 by Higgins Industries at New Orleans, LA as the US Navy Patrol Torpedo boat "PT-305", she was purchased in 1953 by the Bogan Family who sailed her as the "JERSEY" from Brielle, New Jersey. In 1963, she sailed for one season as Captain Bill Egerter's "DAUNTLESS" from Point Pleasant Beach, NJ before being sold to Captain Joe Burns in 1964. Captain Burns operated the "MAN O' WAR" from Brielle until 1973.
This World War II Patrol Torpedo boat has been fully restored at the National World War II Museum in New Orleans, LA under her original name, the "PT-305". The photo is courtesy of Skip Tonks.