YANK, Point Pleasant Beach, NJ – 1960
Captain 'Harry' Tonks' "YANK" from Point Pleasant Beach, NJ circa 1960. The boat was built in 1943 by Higgins Industries at New Orleans, LA as the US Navy Patrol Torpedo boat "PT-451". After WWII ended the "PT-451" was sold as surplus and became the commercial fishing boat "MARY K". She was later converted to a party fishing boat by Captain Tonks on the banks of the Raritan River at Keasbey, NJ. She later became the "SEA PIGEON III" from Sheepshead Bay and then sailed as the "SEA FOX" from Atlantic Highlands, NJ. She later sailed from Belmar, NJ as the "MARIE-S TOO" and lastly from Brooklyn as the "GRENADIER". The photo is courtesy of Skip Tonks.