MOHAWK, Point Pleasant Beach, NJ – 1956
Captain Joe Burns was hosting a little 'dock party' among friends aboard his "MOHAWK" in 1956. Shown standing from left to right is Captain George 'Blacky' Walsh, Captain Joe Burns, Captain Harold 'Smitty' Smith, Mike Duncan and Captain John Chapman. The man sitting is an unknown regular customer. The "MOHAWK" was built in 1929 at Brooklyn, NY and originally sailed as the "HELEN H". She later became the "FIDUS" from that same port, and she was briefly named the "ELLEN S" before making her way to Point Pleasant Beach, NJ. She was later sold and relocated to Wildwood, NJ. Photo courtesy of Cathy and 'Blacky' Walsh.